top of page
  • Writer's pictureIt's Hayati

Homemade Butter Chicken

Butter chicken is one of the most flavorful and easiest recipes to make with only a few ingredients. It also happens to be a very popular dish all over the world!

My recipe calls for easy-to-find ingredients you can get at your local grocery store.

Here are my 4 easy steps for butter chicken:

  1. Marinate your chicken

  2. Cook your chicken

  3. Saute your onions/garlic

  4. Make the creamy sauce


Ingredients for this Recipe:

Chicken Marinade

  • 2 Chicken Breasts

  • 2/3 cup Plain Yogurt

  • 1 tbsp Garam Masala

  • 2 tsp Salt

  • 1 tsp Black Pepper

  • 1 tsp Paprika

  • 1 tsp Cumin

  • Pinch of Cayenne

Saute Onions

  • 1 tbsp Oil

  • 1 Onion, chopped

  • 5 Garlic Cloves, minced

  • 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter

  • 2 tbsp Tomato Paste

Creamy Sauce

  • 1 can Tomato Sauce + 1/3 can of water

  • 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

Instructions for this Recipe

  1. Start by marinating your chicken with yogurt and spices. You can leave it to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight for better results in flavor.

  2. While your chicken marinates, chop your onion and mince your garlic cloves.

  3. You will start by cooking the chicken 75%. It will cook the remaining 25% once we add it later on with the sauteed onion.

  4. Once your chicken is done, add it to the side in a bowl.

  5. In the same pot you cooked your chicken, add a bit more oil, and then saute your onion & garlic. Once your onion becomes translucent, add in your butter and tomato paste. Mix and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.

  6. Add your chicken to the pot and mix it. Let it cook for about 3-5 minutes.

  7. Pour in your tomato sauce. Fill the tomato sauce can about 1/3 with water and then pour that water into the pot. We don't want to miss any extra sauce that was in the can.

  8. Pour the heavy whipping cream and then mix it very well. Lower your heat and cover the pot. Let it cook until it thickens and then serve over fresh white rice.

It's Hayati

Smile, It's Sunnah :)

14 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page